Community Resources for You


Model Cities maintains a list of community resources to direct you toward the help you may need, or such that you can share the information with your friends and contacts. Below is a series of links to community connections:


The Ramsey County Basic Needs Resource Guide

Ramsey County is continuously updating a large Google Doc full of resources for you. Click the above link to access the shared information. Resources listed include Childcare, Health, Refugee & Immigrant Resources, Self Care, Student Resources and many more types of assistance.

The Family Housing Fund

The Family Housing Fund provides resources and assistance for home ownership.

The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act.) can provide help during the current pandemic quarantine.

Relief for the Self-Employed and Small Businesses

Click the above link for information on the relief assets available for the self-employed and small businesses.

Student Loans

The Internal Revenue Service provides information about Student Loan Forbearance and other options for helping with student loans.

Economic Impact Payments

The Economic Impact Payments (stimulus checks) being issued at this time can be understood with the above link, and how to avoid potential scams.

See above for information on food security resources, including a foodshelf list in your area.

Xcel energy is offering energy assistance during this time in order to improve your financial stability in the event of lost hours and wages.

HOME’s Tenant Hotline

HOME’s Tenant Hotline can help with renter’s assistance and rent payment.

Financial Assistance

Emergency Financial Assistance (SNAP) can help provide necessary funds for financial stability.

The Minneapolis School District is providing lunches for students while schools are closed.

The St. Paul School District is also providing lunches for their students while schools are closed.



For more information, please call United Way First Call for Help at 2-1-1 or by phone at 651-291-0211.


Community Services


United Way 2-1-1: Call 211 or go to