HOMECo Project Manager Position (Contractual)
HOMECo’s Work: HOMECo is currently made up of three community nonprofit partners: Aurora/St. Anthony Neighborhood Development Corporation (ASANDC); Build Wealth Minnesota (BWM); and Model Cities of St. Paul, Inc (MCSP). Together these three distinguished organizations represent more than 100 years of community service in the Twin Cities. HOMECo’s mission is to create opportunities for wealth creation among populations of color through advocacy, financial education and the development of comprehensive housing solutions.
The Project Manager’s purpose is to assist the HOMECo partners in developing our vision for the next phase of our work. Responsibilities include overseeing the administrative and organizational development work of HOMECo.
Reports to: HOMECo Partners: Aurora/St. Anthony Neighborhood Development Corporation, Build Wealth Minnesota, and Model Cities of St. Paul, Inc.
Location of Project Manager: Build Wealth Minnesota
- Oversee the HOMECo Collaborative by providing leadership and direction. Coordinates and provides administration of all aspects of the ongoing operations including planning, staffing, facilitating organizational development activities.
- Develops and maintains effective communications and relationships with HOMECo partners, community agencies and other program stakeholders.
- Keeps abreast of policy’s related to financial literacy, economic, and housing development. Works closely with partners on new activities, policies and advocacy work.
- Manages logistics of HOMECo meetings, which should consist of developing an annual meeting calendar, arrange logistics of meetings, taking and distributing meeting minutes. Facilitate meetings, document main ideas and next steps (action steps). Prepare meeting agendas and materials for each meeting.
- Coordinates the work of the evaluator to ensure that the evaluation is completed in accordance with the Evaluation Scope of Work and timeline.
- Coordinates recruitment, interviewing and selection of contractors and vendors.
- Identifies funding opportunities for one year and informs HOMECo partners of possible grants; may work closely with grant writers to develop funding proposals. Communicates with funders as outlined in funding agreements.
Community Engagement Coordination:
- Develops and implements a community engagement strategy that informs community and stakeholders about HOMECo.
- Represents the work of HOMECo and provides education to external groups and stakeholders
- In conjunction finalize program report with collaborative partners.
- Ensures that all records are up to date and reports meet funders’ guidelines.
- Develops forms and records to document HOMECo activities.
- Provides funding updates and financial reports of HOMECo’s activities to collaborative partners.
- Works with partners to develop monitoring systems for partner reporting.
- Recruits, interviews and recommends selection of contractors and vendors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of issues related to housing among populations of color, especially African Americans.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with HOMECo partners, funders, and representative from other community based agencies and general public.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with persons of various income groups and ethnic / racial backgrounds.
- Demonstrates oral and written communications skills, including preparation of clear and concise reports.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify issues and resolutions.
- Strong knowledge of organizational development.
- Strong knowledge of budget development and management.
Bachelor’s degree in housing studies, community development, public administration or related field. In lieu of a degree, must have at least 4 years of applicable work experience. Previous experience in working in housing related issues or in public affairs, particularly working with local and state government staff and officials. Experience in program management and collaboration. Must have a flexible work schedule and access to reliable transportation. Proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, accounting, email and the Internet.
Compensation: On contract, up to $3,000 monthly
How to Apply:
Send resume to:
Attn: Build Wealth Minnesota
2100 Plymouth Avenue N.
Minneapolis, MN 55411
OR e-mail to: email@example.com
Build Wealth Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No telephone calls please.